Today is my last day here in the AXIS office; I can’t believe it’s gone by as quickly as it has! I’ve really enjoyed my time here and I will miss seeing the staff and dancers regularly. I’ve learned that there’s more than meets the eye when running a dance company and that every member of the AXIS team has to pitch in to get the job done (and it’s always a different job!). It’s not easy work but what I have observed is that a commitment to working through challenges and lots of smiles keeps AXIS successful. I never realized how many ways AXIS is involved in the community. Their education department has been very successful and I got to witness this success first hand during the summer intensive. Many of the participants came from far away places. Something like six nationalities were represented that week and many others traveled from clear across the country. Everyone was super friendly and expressed how grateful they were for this opportunity as well as their eagerness to get to know AXIS. Sitting in the office, I could hear loud cheers coming from the studio each time duets and quartets finished performing what they had created in choreography workshops. They worked hard all day long and then bonded over dinners and outings and by the end everyone was sad to go home and happy to have such wonderful memories. I am happy to have had this experience with AXIS. It is a wonderfully diverse community where I feel at home. Thank you Mollie, Christy, Annika and Judy for your wonderful support and company here in the office. I will miss this place but look forward to seeing what is to come for AXIS.
- Roya Abdolhosini breaking it down @ 2016 Summer Intensive don't miss our 2017 performances: bit.ly/2tKMhVG… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
- Watch "In Defense of Regret" performed by Dwayne Scheuneman & Liv Schaffer: bit.ly/2tEqTRD… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Have you noticed something different @axisdanceco? We have a new logo as part of our re-branding… instagram.com/p/BW50hRWhZFV/ 3 days ago
- RT @FortMasoninSF: .@ASImagery's "SKETCH 7 |Wandering" hits the stage at the Cowell Theater tomorrow! bit.ly/2qTM6UF 4 days ago
- RT @ASImagery: It's the day of the show y'all. fortmason.org/event/sketch-7… @FortMasoninSF July 21-23 https://t.co/sKbScI6hwk 4 days ago