Today is my last day here in the AXIS office; I can’t believe it’s gone by as quickly as it has! I’ve really enjoyed my time here and I will miss seeing the staff and dancers regularly. I’ve learned that there’s more than meets the eye when running a dance company and that every member of the AXIS team has to pitch in to get the job done (and it’s always a different job!). It’s not easy work but what I have observed is that a commitment to working through challenges and lots of smiles keeps AXIS successful. I never realized how many ways AXIS is involved in the community. Their education department has been very successful and I got to witness this success first hand during the summer intensive. Many of the participants came from far away places. Something like six nationalities were represented that week and many others traveled from clear across the country. Everyone was super friendly and expressed how grateful they were for this opportunity as well as their eagerness to get to know AXIS. Sitting in the office, I could hear loud cheers coming from the studio each time duets and quartets finished performing what they had created in choreography workshops. They worked hard all day long and then bonded over dinners and outings and by the end everyone was sad to go home and happy to have such wonderful memories. I am happy to have had this experience with AXIS. It is a wonderfully diverse community where I feel at home. Thank you Mollie, Christy, Annika and Judy for your wonderful support and company here in the office. I will miss this place but look forward to seeing what is to come for AXIS.
- RT @Step_Change: Really enjoyed meeting @marc_brew & the talented professional dancers in rehearsal @AXISDanceCo: leading by example... Loo… 16 hours ago
- RT @DanceUSAorg: Did you miss the 2018 Dance Forum? Catch up with the recap in From the Green Room! #DUSAforum danceusa.org/ejournal/2018/… http… 16 hours ago
- KAMBARA + Dancers Inaugural Home Season opens tonight with the world premiere of IKKAI:Once. Come see this exciting… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 23 hours ago
- Check out this wheelchair-accessible queer contact improvisation jam, offered as part of FRESH Exchanges: "Queer th… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Move with AXIS on Monday for our first jam of the year, led by our Artistic Director Marc Brew! All experience leve… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago