- RT @WampFoundation: Don’t be afraid to ask for support Asking for support doesn’t mean you’re weak or a failure; it’s a sign of strength. #… 4 hours ago
- RT @TheWorldDances: Yay summer! RT @AXISDanceCo Summer Fun: Camps, Flashmobs, Fresh Meat and more bit.ly/18gaApC 4 hours ago
- RT @PCFclub: @DANCEonFOX PLEASE invite @AXISDanceCo back to perform this season! #prettyplease #Inspiration 4 hours ago
- Pls RT: Drive the Arts! Buy the Plates! An easy way 2 support #arts in #California! artsplate.org #caclistens @calartscouncil 4 hours ago
- RT @CalArtsCouncil: Kim Epifano puts in a good word for the importance of arts ed & the CAC's past work w/prisons. #Caclistens 5 hours ago
Tag Archives: AXIS Dance
AXIS is saddened to hear of the passing of dance icon Remy Charlip. Remy was an amazing person, choreographer, poet, artist, and writer. We collaborated with him several times, always with wonderful results. He will be missed by many.
Day 3 of 7 Today we continued working with our trios. All dancers really tried to incorporate relationships to space and others – something we played with during improv class. Here are some snapshots from the trios.
(Day 2 0f 7) Our AXIS website is down ( HELP!) but the Summer Intensive classes are in full swing! Here is a short report from day 2 of 7. The day started with our AXIS technique classes taught by Emily & … Continue reading
AXIS Summer Intensive 2012 Day 1 of 7 30+ people in one room from 5 different countries, new and familiar faces… AXIS’ annual Summer Intensive has started! On this first day we came together to get to know each other to move … Continue reading
Browsing through some old pictures we just came across this beautiful photo with Megan & Stephanie. We are so excited to have Megan joining us again for the site specific work “falling up” to be performed July 14th at the … Continue reading
You probably have seen him. Matt. “He dances badly all around the world”. When you watch his videos you can’t help but smile: seeing all those people all over the world dancing together is just… cool! In February we got … Continue reading
It’s hard to believe I have already been with AXIS for nearly an entire month; the time has flown by! It seems almost impossible to sum up everything I have learned thus far. Not only am I learning from the … Continue reading
Hello! My name is Erika Burg and I am AXIS Dance Company’s new summer intern. Between college graduation this past Saturday, packing up and moving back to the glorious Bay Area Sunday, and beginning this amazing internship on Monday my … Continue reading
Joel Brown, Dancer, studied vocal performance and jazz guitar at the University of Utah from 2008-2011. In May 2011, he released his first music album, “In Retrospect”, under the Spy Hop Records Label. Joel grew up learning dance and gymnastics … Continue reading