- RT @sebastiangrubb: Finally making a dance film with Alex Ketley and @AXISDanceCo ! One day to shoot! #dance #disability http://t.co… 2 days ago
- RT @ArtsAccessAust: @artsaccessaust congratulates the @auscouncilarts on the launch of it’s new initiatives for artists with disability htt… 1 week ago
- RT @deirdrespencer: Check out the auction Giving Tuesday 2013 32auctions.com/AXISGivingTues… via @32auctions // Oaklanders, keep it local and suppo… 1 week ago
- RT @breakingoaknews: via @AXISDanceCo: Giving Tuesday! Bid, Win & Support AXIS wp.me/p2FDnz-1nF #givingtuesday #nonprofit #dance #dis… 1 week ago
- Dec 3 is International Day of People with Disability! We are celebrating with a free show for youth! How will you celebrate? #IDPWD 1 week ago
Tag Archives: AXIS Dance Company
AXIS is saddened to hear of the passing of dance icon Remy Charlip. Remy was an amazing person, choreographer, poet, artist, and writer. We collaborated with him several times, always with wonderful results. He will be missed by many.
Day 3 of 7 Today we continued working with our trios. All dancers really tried to incorporate relationships to space and others – something we played with during improv class. Here are some snapshots from the trios.
(Day 2 0f 7) Our AXIS website is down ( HELP!) but the Summer Intensive classes are in full swing! Here is a short report from day 2 of 7. The day started with our AXIS technique classes taught by Emily & … Continue reading
AXIS Summer Intensive 2012 Day 1 of 7 30+ people in one room from 5 different countries, new and familiar faces… AXIS’ annual Summer Intensive has started! On this first day we came together to get to know each other to move … Continue reading
Emily Eifler, Dancer, is a dancer and visual artist. Initially a pre-med student before becoming interested in art, she strives to mix artistic and scientific thinking in her work. Originally from Colorado, she now lives and works in San Francisco where … Continue reading
Through reading previous intern’s blog posts, I have noticed there are many common themes between them; one of them being that the time spent at AXIS goes by much too quickly. I can’t believe how fast time has flown by! … Continue reading
You probably have seen him. Matt. “He dances badly all around the world”. When you watch his videos you can’t help but smile: seeing all those people all over the world dancing together is just… cool! In February we got … Continue reading
It’s hard to believe I have already been with AXIS for nearly an entire month; the time has flown by! It seems almost impossible to sum up everything I have learned thus far. Not only am I learning from the … Continue reading